Recently posted quotes:

"There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." Mark Twain (1835-1910)

“Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.” -Will Rogers (1879-1935)

"Stability in government is essential to national character and to the advantages annexed to it." -James Madison (1751-1836)

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported." -John Adams (1735-1826)


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Woodpeckers are back in the park


Woodpeckers are showing up in the park almost daily now. It’s a real treat to hear these guys and then track them down as the navigate their way from tree to tree to pole.



.Their call is so distinctive that there is no guessing who it is that’s trying to get your attention. Finding them after the call is the real challenge. But this week, this task hasn’t been much of a challenge. My challenge has been to remember to take my camera with me. The cell phone just isn’t sufficient.


 
Once found, my second challenge is getting Little Gus and Otis to stand still enough and long enough for me to get a decent shot.


With the numbers I am seeing, I am almost assured of a fairly good pix even if I miss the first 10 or 12.



 

Don’t forget Toby, the number one squirrel in Texas. He’s got his eyes on something!

No comments:

Post a Comment