Recently posted quotes:

"There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." Mark Twain (1835-1910)

“Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.” -Will Rogers (1879-1935)

"Stability in government is essential to national character and to the advantages annexed to it." -James Madison (1751-1836)

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported." -John Adams (1735-1826)


Friday, May 1, 2009

Figuring out Twitter

I have been trying to figure out how this Twitter thing works and I think I have finally struck the mother load. I made a comment today about “no cases of swine flu in my back yard” today. Before you know it, I started getting emails about new people following me on Twitter.

I now have no less than two state governors there plus some interesting people from all over. Some of these guys were interesting enough that I am now following them.

You just gotta pick the right topic to comment on; more than that you have to pick the right “word” to use. It doesn’t have to be the right words; it’s more of a word (singular) thing. The narrower the search is the broader the results are.

Go search for “back yard” AND “swine flu” and see what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment