Recently posted quotes:

"There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." Mark Twain (1835-1910)

“Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.” -Will Rogers (1879-1935)

"Stability in government is essential to national character and to the advantages annexed to it." -James Madison (1751-1836)

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported." -John Adams (1735-1826)


Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Plans – 13 Jun 11

Everybody got big plans for the summer. I hope so. It’s time to get out there and stir up the slagging economy. Let’s go somewhere and do something.

No better time than now.

I have a short trip planned with son and grandson to go watch the Texas Rangers in Chicago. Actually it was my son’s idea; but just the mention of ROAD TRIP and I was on board. On the way up there, we plan to stop and see a game in Kansas City. While in Chicago, the Cubs just happen to be in town and we will take in a game at Wrigley Field if luck is with us.

As one might expect, on the way back down from the far away north country, we plan to stop in and see the Cardinals who (because we ask the commissioner to schedule them this way – just kidding!) happen to be in town at exactly the right time. I haven’t been to St Louis and a Cardinal game since they were still playing in old Sportsman’s Park back in 1951 – a laps that I intend to correct.

I’ll report back to you as events get firm and transpire.

So what do you have planned for the summer. Leave a note, I’m interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment