Recently posted quotes:

"There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." Mark Twain (1835-1910)

“Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.” -Will Rogers (1879-1935)

"Stability in government is essential to national character and to the advantages annexed to it." -James Madison (1751-1836)

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported." -John Adams (1735-1826)


Monday, October 11, 2010

Fascinated

I have become fascinated with the several different woodpeckers I have recently found in the park. I don't know if they are just passing through. I haven't noticed them before. There is one that seems to be around all the time but the other two species are different.

This morning there was a pair (looked to be) that had a top notch like a blue jay, but they were definitely woodpeckers. I've seen them on the picture page. They stayed all the way up in the top of the tree and behind enough branches that I don't think I got any pix of them (I haven't looked yet!).

They are just fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment