Recently posted quotes:

"There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." Mark Twain (1835-1910)

“Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.” -Will Rogers (1879-1935)

"Stability in government is essential to national character and to the advantages annexed to it." -James Madison (1751-1836)

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported." -John Adams (1735-1826)


Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Few Topics Off the Top of My Head – Guns, North Korea & Welfare Payments



I’m kinda fed up with a few of the hot topics being bantered around in the news these days. So I wanta get a few things off my chest.

Let’s start with the Gun Control hot topic. I am thoroughly fed up with the GUILT TRIP the President and the media is trying to lay on us. I feel very sad about the loss of life that took place in each of these events. But, having stated that, I do not feel an ounce of guilt over there events. We are experiencing an inordinate amount of throat shoving by both the President and the news media. I don’t like it a bit.

My feeling toward this matter is: “one of the big reasons for the split in Red/Blue America is due to the pushing back and forth by the patricians playing their game of politics. I am not a member of the NRA and see zero need to become one. This organization has only the power that we the public grant them. I liked what one of the two Senators said about pushing the compromise bill through: (my summation) He couldn’t get behind what was happening and didn’t want to get caught up in legislation he couldn’t support. His answer was to get behind legislation he could support. I hope we get somewhere that we all can live with.

Then there’s that little snot from North Korea! What is gonna happen here is anybody’s guess. If he intends to excite a war, he just might do so. I don’t believe, at this point, that the US has anything to worry about. We do have troops that are in harm’s way should he decide to cross the 38th. Make no mistake, this will get bad if that happens. Right where China stands on this matter is the larger question that only China can answer. The US can handle the little snot and his military very well, but early on, there will be a huge price to pay. Does anyone believe the people of North Korea are behind this guy?


Here in Texas, we once again, have the legislation pushing forward wit a bill that will require all (or most, I’m not real sure at this point) welfare recipients to go pee in a cup—drug testing. There hasn’t been any validation of a need for this action. Here, again, we have some patrician legislators pushing an agenda where there just might not be a problem. Somebody will have to pay for all this getting there, peeing, getting back from there  and the testing—you can darn well bet, it’s gonna be you and me. I’m not real sure how they are proposing the work-around to get needed funds to the children of the failure group—they say they have a way. But, doesn’t it sound like an increase in government (both people and funds) for a problem that may not even exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment