Recently posted quotes:
"There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress." Mark Twain (1835-1910)
“Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.” -Will Rogers (1879-1935)
"Stability in government is essential to national character and to the advantages annexed to it." -James Madison (1751-1836)
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported." -John Adams (1735-1826)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Pirate killed off the Somali coast!
This gives rise to a world of pirate humor and thoughts relating to the act and just what might come of it. Late Night TV could use some of these guys writing their stuff. But maybe it wouldn’t be so politically correct.
Here’s a few of the comments from Military.com:
• No licensee required, no limit, leave no wounded.
• Put a half dozen Cajuns on these ships. We’ve never learned anything about a bag limit anyway.
• Naw, Ya gotta have Bag limit and tags or else how do you know how many ya take in a Season. Culling the Herd requires statistics.
• No symphony for pirates…..Fill u Davy Jones’ locker with some more.
• Arrrgh, capture what is left of them after the ‘fire fight’ and HANG them in a town square somewhere like they did back in the 17th/18th centuries.
• Could always string them from the yard arm. Either that or keelhaul them.
• High Seas Hunting, Inc. A new company that could be worth millions! Just think, you could offer your customers their choice of weapons….For night time shooting….night vision goggles and tracer rounds.
There was even more discussion on the appropriate arms that might be used: M2-50 cal, M1s, M14s, RPGs, etc. Along with this they also strived to include rules as to the limitations on range, load, and sighting devices. The opportunity to create a level hunting field was never approached.
I can always count on these guys to add some humor to my day.